View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi ambrteach,

I'm glad to hear that you are a teacher. I also work in public school as a teacher aide in Special Education so I can relate to how school can be stressful. I have noticed in the summer months I have fewer seizures than during the school yr. You mentioned that you had some scarring, the same thing happened to me I have scares on both the right and left temporal lobe and this is what caused my seizures. I had brain surgery twice to help reduce my seizures and it was a big help.
I get into writing poetry and short stories as well as studying history. My Dad was a Science teacher and he taught physics which was way to hard for me. I would take Biology any day over physics.
There are many famous people who have epilepsy like Elton John, Prince, Danny Glover, Edgar Allan Poe, Agatha Christy, Alan Faneca who played professional football for the NY Jets and the Arizonia Cardinals. and many more famous people.
If staff and students use cell phones while at school take note if this triggers seizures for you. I found out that I was cell phone sensitive and when to many people are using cell phones around me I end up having seizures. I saw a pattern with my seizures early in the morning before school started and then again during the lunch breaks at school it was then that my Epileptologist found out that staff and students were using cell phones at this time triggering seizures for me do to the frequency that the cell phones are in. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!
I also had an aunt who lived in Florida that had MS.
Sue
Thanks Sue....my friend who has had epilepsy since she went thru puberty told me her seizures were always early morning, so i try to be careful then. The cell phone thing is interesting. I know wellbutrin can cause seizures now, so no antidepressants for me my neuro said..this med is just making the D so low...i think a third tooth has cracked now. Didn't know Prince and Elton John have seizures..we're in good company...no one in my family has had seizures, so who knows? Glad to be here...
ambrteach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote