View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt1268 View Post
Mine started when I realized my foot wasn't getting any better, then I discovered it was the RSD monster. I held out for a year until I couldn't work anymore, then I felt completely helpless and felt like a burden to my spouse. That's when I knew and cried to my doctor, that I felt like I was worthlesss. They started me on abilify and it has dramatically improved my self worth. I still have my bad days when the pain is out of control, but I know that it will pass. So I throw my little temper tantrum and move on.
I think it is very common for those who suffer chronic pain from as disease such as RSD to experience depression... Let's face it.. RSD is a bear who never hides in the woods!! When reality sets in that this is our life now.. Our normal has now changed... We lost our normal and accepting our life with pain.. It's a hard hurtle to get past... Cymbalta is a good medicine not only for depression but also chronic pain.. So if we RSD people can take it for depression and pain... Why it's a double dipper win!!!

Wishing you all a restful less painful nights sleep,,,

Hugs, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kathy d (01-31-2012)