View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome! Although, I'm sorry you find yourself in such a challenging place that you need to be here.

I think you really need to consider that taking care of yourself now and accepting that you might have another position at work after doing so is better than making yourself worse. If you did end up losing the position you have now, you can always get it back in the future after maybe having to take a different position after you get back to work.

There are a lot of "ifs" here. Try not to buy trouble for more than it's worth! And try not to worry about milk that hasn't spilled yet.

Maybe your employer will end up filling your position with a temp and you get your position back when you can come back. Or maybe the person they transfer into it will have to leave suddenly and coincidently once you're ready to come back due to her (or his) mother being ill and having to move, having a baby, getting a different job, or they realize that only you can do your job the best, or some other reason.

Try to rest. It will help you get better faster so you can return ASAP!

Most likely, you'll be able to learn tai chi, watch foreign films or do whatever you want again someday. I wasn't able to work or drive at all for a year after the accident I was in but now I'm working 20 hours a week and driving myself to and from! It just takes time. (By the by, I too really miss watching foreign films but I'm hopeful I will again.)

The faster you can accept that you have impairments, albeit temporary ones, then the faster you can slow down, rest and recover from them.

But right now, you have to put some rest in the recovery bank so you can make a withdrawal of all better!
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Eowyn (01-30-2012), leebeemi (01-31-2012)