View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I guess Ive had things...

backwards, in that I'd gotten the PN/CIDP first and 2 years later the cancer diagnosis....and that all doesn't mean the two are totally unrelated either...my cancer surgeon and ocon said that it can take cancers about 5-7 years of incubating before being found. Chicken or egg? Who can really tell, but I do know my docs have been truly super in my treatments and extra-cautious as well.

After my mast., it really took me a whole week before I could look at the surgery site tho...I opted for an implant as only one side was affected and my balance was soo bad that,well, I needed a bit of 'evening' out weight wise. I was getting used to not having anything there, and no one could really tell the difference w/comfy clothes...then I got 'implanted'. There is a good site about whether to do implants or not at www.breastcancer.org. There are a lot of good people there who have wide-ranging opinions about the routes to take. Altho my case is different, it's a good site to look at, as their reasons pro or con are similar to anyone's but with the extra PUNCH of IT coming back.

I don't know where you live, but my BC surgeon is top notch...All she does is breasts and my PS stated outright she loves working with her[the surgeon] because she had much more to work with...I guess that means it wasn't a chop job? Well, you all know what I mean.

Hugs and good thoughts for the interim! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote