View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry this is happening to you!!

It's happening to me too... but I'm getting better. My friends and co-workers know and trust that I'm dealing with a brain injury though. No one who knew me before the accident that gave me a brain injury thinks I'm faking it. I've had some people question me that I met after the accident, but if they knew me before they would know that I'm not. So, that sucks that you have to deal with that. I couldn't imagine going to high school with the issues you are dealing with.

Are you trying to rest a lot? Rest and sleep will most likely ease your symptoms. I'm worried that you're not getting a lot of sleep.

Mark In Idaho has pointed out in another thread that the more rest you can give yourself, then the less symptoms you will encounter and the less symptoms you deal with is time you are giving your brain to heal.

Resting means not overstimulating your brain. So, no video games, no smart phone usage, no television. Just sitting in quiet and letting your brain kick back and not do much of anything. It's very boring but trying to refrain from doing the things you might want to do will probably make you feel better.

Do you think it would help if you brought your teachers or the principal some printed forms about mild traumatic brain injury so they can understand and believe that this is going on with you?

I know it's an invisible injury. All of us here know that.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote