View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 06:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlaw347 View Post
You know what...it's when you look outside the square you find places like this that help!

The things that you have mentioned to start looking at suit me down to a T like cutting back on caffeine etc, because some of those things I am already on top of

I have one question though; lately I found out that my cholesterol is just below 8, which is not good coming from a Neuro's mouth. So if I was to cut back on caffeine etc, and do what I am already doing to lower my cholesterol, what would happen if I started eating fatty foods at a higher rate? Would that elimate my chances of lowering my cholesterol?

Appreciate any help there, because clearly around a hospital and some Neuro's you don't get the info you need

Hi Tim,

My Epi. has limited me to 4 cups of caffeine a day and in regards to cholesterol on the ketogenic diet mine has dropped because instead of using carbs and starch foods for energy you are burning off the fat for energy. If you are interested in this diet you can buy the book titled; "The Epilepsy Diet Treatment" by Dr. John Freeman. I know I was overweight when I went on the diet and within 4 months I lost 75 lbs. it was great losing all that weight and I was able to eat cheesecake, foods with a lot of cheese, butter, heavy creams etc. Here's an ex. of a breakfast:
2 eggs cooked in butter
5 strips of bacon, or 2 slices of ham, or 2 sausage patties
1 cup of coffee or tea
1 cup of juice

Your body is building up ketones which curb your appitite and the keytone reduce/stop the seizures. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote