View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It took forever to get WC to approve Cymbalta but I'm glad they have. It doesn't change much for my pain but my depression is lessened. I am a newlywed with now 5 children, three are younger and live with us full time. There are times that my condition is hard and frustrating for my husband of 6 months. He feels like he works and cares for the house and me nonstop. Then he gets himself back in check, usually when he's held me through a night of nightsweats and muscle spasms that shake the bed, and realizes he loves me, he hates I have to go through this, and he tells me that his side is easier, caring for me. Its so hard to plan anything. Trip to Disneyland? Nope, I can't walk that much and my meds make me so tired, plus whether hot or cold I can't be outside that long. Minigolf. Nope! Can't put, or walk, again mostly outside. Family trip to the bowling alley? Nope, my right, bowling hand is my originally affected part. Bike ride? My legs nor my hand can handle that. What exactly am I supposed to do with my kids? I get incredibly frustrated. I used to be a fun, young, active mom. We hiked and fished and bowled and golfed and now....I complain to them to do extra chores I can no longer do and I can't do much with them.

Why wouldn't we be depressed? And now besides the Cymbalta I have to wait for my employer to accept my depression. My private ins won't see me for depression related to crps. More delays in treatment.
JimsGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote