View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Ketamaine injection or ketamine infusions where it is over hours? I have researched a lot about ketamine infusions and was suggested the scs. I posted about my feelings on the other thread here. If it is an infusion of ketamine it is done with RSD so if you go there you will get feedback on it and also scs. For myself and everyone is different I am more open to the infusions as the SCS there is a lot of fear that the condition could spread to the implant area and also problems with the SCS. I do know someone who has benefited from SCS but a lot of people have problems. Again it is a personal choice and for myself I am very big on getting extra opinions by different doctors.
Its is the injections - done over an hour. 40 mg typically for me - I think. The university where I go does not agree with the heavy dose method right now. You are talking about where thay keep someone sedated with ketamine for a few days? But my pain management dr is actually leaning that way with me a little. I am pretty leary of that method, but have not done any research on either. I just sounds so extreme and scary. I understand the fear factor for RSD and spreading to the implant site - is that what you are battling? I have a friend w/ it and she has been a great support all these years for me. She understands all this crud that now one else does other than this online group does. I have read some of the SCS threads and am more confused than ever. I just don't know what is right for me. In all rights - my condition should "just go away". Ganglioneuritis is not supposed to stick around. But because we can not find out what the trigger is, the inflammation stays. ugh and double-ugh! I think i will go to the RSD thread and look at the ketamine threads to see what people have experienced - maybe it will help. I appreciate your help. I will also consider getting another pain dr's opinion.
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote