View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelina View Post
Its is the injections - done over an hour. 40 mg typically for me - I think. The university where I go does not agree with the heavy dose method right now. You are talking about where thay keep someone sedated with ketamine for a few days? But my pain management dr is actually leaning that way with me a little. I am pretty leary of that method, but have not done any research on either. I just sounds so extreme and scary. I understand the fear factor for RSD and spreading to the implant site - is that what you are battling? I have a friend w/ it and she has been a great support all these years for me. She understands all this crud that now one else does other than this online group does. I have read some of the SCS threads and am more confused than ever. I just don't know what is right for me. In all rights - my condition should "just go away". Ganglioneuritis is not supposed to stick around. But because we can not find out what the trigger is, the inflammation stays. ugh and double-ugh! I think i will go to the RSD thread and look at the ketamine threads to see what people have experienced - maybe it will help. I appreciate your help. I will also consider getting another pain dr's opinion.
Hi.
I have peripheral neuropathy and rsd. If you google Dr Kirkpatrick in Tampa he has videos of people under ketamine infusion. I had a lot of fears like you and still do but the videos actually comforted me though regarding myself I still feel nervous.
Trust me I understand not knowing what is right. I also get a lot of conflicting suggestions by doctors. For ex when I went to a pain doctor he suggested the scs so I went for another opinion who stated a catheter then went for a 3rd opinion and can you believe I got a 3 rd suggestion? I think research and just weighing the pros and cons.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote