View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelina View Post
Oh boy what a whirling mass of confusing fun ! So what did you decide? (If you don't mind my asking) How can you get educated yourself when all these educated dr's offer something different - that scares the heebeejeebee's right out of my skin!!!!!! And even doing the research gets confusing and difficult at times. For me, I get frustrated at trying to decipher whether something is sponsored by a particular manufacturer, or company. Also seeing contradicting information, articles or studies and then evaluating them for authenticity - ugh! Why all the inconsistency? My neuro would say because they just don’t understand most pn well enough, and I have to agree after what i have been through and read on this site - its like being in the 1600's and just beginning to explore the earth- and still thinking its flat! There is just so much confusion and controversy with pn. I am stunned on how little is know by the medical world in general. I mean I know 100x more than my pc dr. does just because I am always reading things here and going through what i have gone through. well enough of that

Thanks for the link - i will try to look at the video. I have slow-motion-dial-up and-600-year-old-phone-lines So videos often wont load, but I would like to take a look.

I just got a call from my pm dr and he had talked with my neuro who wants to put me on fish oil and aspirin? uhhhh? I need help with that... Now I think mrsD has talked about fish oil - but is that to help with pn? and what does the aspirin do for pn?
Right now I am holding off on any treatments. The confusion I feel is each doctor has what I call their "thing". So usually and not always but most of the time regardless of difference of patient if you have X dx they will suggest the procedure they do. So if you meet with a pain doctor who does a lot of scs that will be his suggestion but may not be the best for you. The issue with these conditions I feel and even if we use meds for ex what helps one person may not another or what gives a person a side effect may not someone else. I guess for myself if I chose in future to do a treatment I have accepted that it is taking a chance. The chance may make things better but also may come with risks. At least if I get feedback and I really like feedback from patients that I find from sites I can make an informed choice. Good luck with what you decide
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (01-31-2012)