View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Wonderful update from Claire's Mom:

"I cannot believe it has been this long since I have updated! I think I just needed some time away from all of it, including this. I felt that my sweet friends would understand and give me the space. Thank you!
Claire is doing fantastic! She is growing, thriving, feeling great, full of energy and healthy. Scans were postponed until 2/24. She was set to have a CT scan on 1/20, but had a respiratory virus and we didn't feel it was safe for her to be sedated for the scan. The 24th was the first available date the oncologist and I could get together. I was so happy when I discovered that Clarie will only be getting a CT scan from now on. There is a chance that she might be able to do it without sedation, if I can talk her into it. CT scans only take about 10 minutes. We'll meet with the oncologist right after the scan and get the results.

We have adjusted well to being out of treatment. It was hard at first, but as time passes we are learning to move on. We are all going to Disney during Spring break for Claire's Make-A-Wish trip. The kids are so excited.
I will update in February with the results. Thank you for praying for us. We are so grateful to have so many taking us to the throne of Grace."
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (01-31-2012), ginnie (05-25-2012), gramE (03-13-2012), hollym (02-01-2012), jeep4wd (02-06-2012), Lara (01-31-2012), TwoKidsTwoCats (02-06-2012)