View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 04:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default One week post op

WeLl, I'm finally home after a week in hospital. My surgery was a mess. Here s the story.
1. I had to bring my MRI films or no surgery which I did.
2. I woke up in extreme pain, I was put on a diladid pca with continuous infusion, I could push for meds every ten min. Except that I reached what should have took four hours to receive in two and the med was locked out leaving me without pain med for hour and half. Pain was out of control, I was grunting, breathing approx. 50 times a min, hr 120's. The pca finally unlocked and I started receiving meds again only for it to lock up again and sending me through the hell again. Sadly I work at that hospital and when they realized who I was they started moving quickly. I was taken to the icu to achieve pain control. That was something I hope never to feel again in my life.
3. I was told that the tumor could not be found so my excision was extensive. Instead of a unilateral laminectomy at t9, I received a conventional bilateral laminectomy at t8-10. Even though they had my films and even called in for X-ray after cutting because they were told wrong location???
4. The surgeon told my husband was a meningioma but was wrapping itself around cord and was great they got all of it, no cancer.
5. The surgeons assistant told me that it may be a mengioma but had other characteristics. I asked if he meant cancer and he stated he would not discuss that with me until pathology report came back but was worried.
6. I am taking diladid every 4 hours alternating with Percocet, along with baclofen, cymbalta and vallium.
Definitely hallucinating but able to steal sleep here and there. My back is swollen and red, have staples, incision bout 8inches, have radiating pain to my stomach and now have leg weakness and right foot drop. I can't tell if my rsd has spread or not but I believe it did because of how much pain I am in despite meds.
I am angry, tired, angry and tired. I am just so mad and so tired of being in pain. Ok can't believe I got that all out wow, I'd pat myself on my back if I could. I'll write more later with photo.
Stuck in the awful place of in between. 1st rib resection 2/2011 for venous tos which caused crps of upper right body. 1/24/2012 multi level laminectomies to remove t9 meningioma; cervical cancer survivor dx in 2006 with two recurrences. I am 39.
Mjg13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-05-2012)