View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Adelina & Daniella, I have had Ketamine treatments. They are not easy. If they work I think they would be worth it. They really take alot out of you. You will really be out of it. You need a lot of support while you are getting them. I did have hallucinations after the treatments. I don't really remember alot while I was having them done. Where I went you had to take Ativan before yu got there. I tended to get sick at my stomach from it so during the rx they gave me IV zofran. They also gave something else with the treatment in your IV but I can't remember for the life of me what it was. I was monitored the entire time to be sure my B/P did not go up and for other s/e.
Unfortunately, I had these treatments under a dx of RSD. After I went through them every doctor I saw after said you ABSOLUTELY do not have RSD. They would ask me who dx it and every single one of them rolled their eyes when I told them. The doctor who diagnosed it told me he could make me pain free so I jumped at it. So be careful!Get more than one opinion on the ketamine. Don't go through it if it is not going to work.
That being said I do believe it is a Godsend for some people. I saw people with RSD get wonderful results with ketamine. Hope this helps.
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (01-31-2012)