View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 01:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Surgery

I too saw Dr. Feng, in Cleveland after my implants were already removed. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of seeing a Houston surgeon first for implant removal. While I cannot complain about the way I look, there was a rupture during explantation-the leaking silicone has gone no telling where in my body and my health has suffered greatly.

I only wish that I had waited and had Feng do the explantation, but she had a lengthy waiting list and my neuropathy was already cranking up. Perhaps my health would not have taken such a hit, had I just hung in there and waited.

I have sent a number of women to her from all over the country. Everyone who has written back has been extremely pleased with her and her work. My take on her, is that she is a brilliant, unassuming physician, who is very sensitive to this issue and who strives to do meticulous work. It didn't hurt to learn that she entered Yale at 16. On a television interview, I saw a reporter hassling her about the implant issue, health problems, implant removal and all. As you may know, there is great controversy on this subject. She very modestly said, "I know what I see."

If she could do anything else to help me, I would be there for surgery tomorrow...

I am in Texas, where the implants/removal/related health issues were on the front page of newspapers back in the early 90's. I was treated at Baylor Neurology, in Houston, where I saw MANY of these women in the halls and waiting areas... Physicians who attempted to help, suddenly were not available, as the push to return implants to the market began to fire up. Our lab values were confusing as they are not typical textbook cases of any one autoimmune disease. Even now, it is difficult to get some doctors to take our complaints seriously.

I can appreciate your desire to keep your look, but if there is any chance at all you might regain your health, or at least improve it, you may want to weigh the importance of this. I can tell you this, autoimmune disease is NOT fun...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote