View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 01:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is the response I used on the other forum where it was origionally posted, but decided to use it here as well. What happened to this girl was HORRIBLE; but I worry that its going to be used as an anti-medication stand for those opposed to medication.

Nothing irritates me more then a stranger asssuming they know more about my child, his diagnosis, and his medications then does his doctor, pdoc, mother, father, and people who have lived with said child and said child's bipolar disorder.

My child is bipolar. My child required these "strong and overprescribed" drugs for a number of years. I thank god that these drugs were available, and my child was able to recieve help. To heck with anyone with a differing opinion because quite frankly, they dont know squat about my child and his individual needs.

My son is not currently on the zyprexa for the first time in 4 years; but I wouldn't hesitate to use it again if the need ever arises.
Bobi

PS my son was DXed at age 6 - but the symptoms started in infancy. I would not of DXed him that young - but it was helpful in determining a DX in the first grade.

Last edited by Bdix; 03-31-2007 at 02:01 PM. Reason: added the PS