View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How are you wired?

Does anyone ever truly analyze how you are now compared with how you were before the accident?

I've been keeping tabs on my own behavior related to the symptoms, and I've found this out so far:

1. Increased stimulation leads to fatigue. However, certain types of stimulation that "refreshes" the brain doesn't do this.
2. Fatigue or improper sleep leads to anxiety.
3. Stress (of any kind i.e. deadlines at work) leads to anxiety.
4. Brain fog is a culmination of fatigue, poor sleep and stress.
5. Whenever I have brain fog, it also usually means I have headaches.
6. I think too fast periodically and need brain rest right afterwards.
7. My motivation can get overcharged by the lack of the brain filter and its impulsiveness. This also affects what I say.
8. Motivation sometimes override the rationale, fueled by impulsiveness. (I was never impulsive.)

The moment any one of these aren't present is when I know and feel that I'm getting better. Of course, it also means trying to reprogram myself to keep the bits I like, and others that I don't.

Does anyone else think about your condition like this?
Hit by a car while on a training ride on a bicycle Aug. 17, 2011. Loss of consciousness, road rash, left leg issues, head trauma, broken bicycle. Dealing with PCS - short term memory loss, verbal memory loss, attention loss, slow processing speed, irritability, anxiety, word-finding troubles, impulsive, tinnitus, fatigue, OCD. Intellect intact, motor skills intact, other cognitive skills intact. Motivated to get better!
bh_pcs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (02-01-2012)