View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 07:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just found out I have TOS and need help

I have been dealing with the symptoms ever since I fell 17 feet off a roof back in 2006. The numb in my right arm and weakness has gotten worse over time. Well In 2008 I went to a Neurosurgeon and he said that it was ulnar Nerve Entrapment, so I had the surgery to release the sheath around the nerve. Well No relief, so I keep going to the Dr's Neurologist,Neurosurgeon, and after many test and visits I have been told I TOS and I also Have a Cervical Rib in the right side.

Well I went To a Cardiovascular Surgeon that is One of only 7 i found in the state that deals with this cervical rib issue.

Well This was on Monday and he said he wants me to do Physical therapy. Well Monday Night I wake up and my right arm is Numb, Pain in my neck and right side of my upper chest.

So I go to PT today and as she is doing my assessment, she has me put my right arm above my head and turn my head to the left, and she said as soon as I turned my head I lost my pulse.

So I call this surgeon back, who said if it gets worse call him. Well he calls me back a little while ago and politely tells me there is nothing he can do and just keep going to PT.

Well I called around a few different cardiovascular surgeons and they all said to go to the above mentioned Dr or One at The University of Michigan(he is know for his surgery), well I'm on disability so I have medicare and medicaid, and they don't take it.

I have been dealing with other injuries and getting treated with this insurance is like finding a Million Dollars laying in the middle of the road. As long as its office visits or test they take me all day long but getting surgery is not happening.

The scary thing is, this TOS now that they have pinpointed it has been going on since 2007 and only been getting worse.

So does anyone know if there are other dr's(what field) that Remove Cervical Rib's

Thanks for letting me rant on a new Board

Rich
RichEmmers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote