View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
I thought all the side effects had dissipated?

A lot of people have reported the tiredness & fogginess from gabapentin. That can take a bit longer to subside (than the week or so for the others we discussed) - possibly a month or so.

That's the $64,000 question. Earlier in my journey, I went through a period of depression. The S/E of everything they tried (and they tried them all) were worse than the depression. I got so angry about the whole situation that the anger motivated me past/through the depression better than the meds.

You have options for the headaches, but they'll depend on the cause/reason.

Doc
Hi Doc,

All the side effects are gone except for constant headache and a bit foggy. Almost like my world is dulled. No more nausea or tummy issues, and my sleep patterns seem better, but my head ALWAYS hurts. I have been trying advil ot Tylenol for headaches and it helps a bit. I don't know which med is giving me the headache though, gabapenten or butrans? I will talk to my PM dr next month about it.

I also went through a depression, was crying everyday, couldn't stop the blues. It was about three months post op. But my family dr had me start cymbalta and it went away. Chronic pain causes depression, vicious cycle we are in.

I'm going to stick out the meds a bit longer, I want to discuss options before I stop or ask to change.

Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote