View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blank

Two quick follow up points.

A couple of people have asked my why I'm waiting for a prescription before ordering the equipment. The answer is that it's no different that getting a wheelchair, anyone get buy one, but if you itemize your deductions (and they aren't annihilated by the Alternative Minimum Tax) you can probably claim an exemption for an reimbursement medical expense. (And in my case, it means waiting a whole week.)

And as far as Neuropsychological deficits associated with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Libon DJ, Schwartzman RJ, Eppig J et al, J Int Neuropsychol Soc. 2010 May;16(3):566-73 http://www.rsds.org/pdfsall/Libon_Neuropsychol_2010.pdf is concerned, the takeaway point from that article is that 2/3's of the people with RSD/CRPS will have something ranging between loss of executive function and "global cognitive impairment," e.g., "dysexecutive syndrome" and some memory impairment, INDEPENDENT OF MEDICATIONS.

So if the right electrical stimulation to the brain - be it tDCS, MCS or RUL ECT - can actually STOP the "abnormal thalamocortical activity" of RSD/CRPS AND ITS ASSOCIATED ILLS, then why not?

Mike

- Walt Whitman

Last edited by fmichael; 02-02-2012 at 12:21 AM.
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote