View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 08:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
She is so wonderful and understanding and willing to think outside the box, but won't treat me for something that's not endocrine-related. How do I find a neurologist who will be open like this? Is it a neurology thing to be so black-and-white? Is it a male thing - do I need to find a female neurologist? I might not have MG, but why won't they at least try some therapies before saying, "Gee, I don't know, and I'm done with you. Learn to live with it"
That's the way my neurologist is. (wonderful, understanding, willing to think outside of the box etc.). And he is also not saying-"I am done with you, learn to live with it", but doing his best to help me do so, with "out of the box" symptomatic treatment and supportive care. He is ready to put a lot of efforts into every minor improvement and is not let down by unexpected exacerbation s, but ready to start all over again.
Every time I see him, I ask myself why can't all neurologists be like that.
He also has no problem saying- I really don't know, what do you think? (and really mean it). I hope this gives you hope that you too will eventually find someone like that.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Geode (02-02-2012)