View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
When I started the treatments, they took about 4 hours a day start to finish. I had to do 5 days a week for 2 weeks. Very high doses. Couldn't walk very well after so I always had a family member with me who took me home and put me to bed for the day. Then I think once every two weeks or month for rx for two days. I did go to someone who is very big in The world of Ketamine treaments. Doesn't mean they can't be wrong. Still go for another opinion. I honestly think my doctor told everyone they had RSD. At least that is what I have been told from every doctor I have seen since then in a evasive way. They won't come right out and say it.
This was very early in my PN. I have been told I lost valuable time to be treated properly for my PN due to the fact that the earlier treated the better. Please know I am not bashing the treatments as I said I did see remarkable things for patients with RSD.
As for the hallucinations I don't like to talk about them much. I will give you one example I kept waking up during the night thinking I had hugh spiders crawling on my bedroom ceiling. The one night I was out of bed wide awake telling my husband they were still there. It took a while to calm me down. I had to delete a few of the songs I had on my ipod that I listened to during the treatments. I think they were the ones that seemed to always be playiing while I was coming out.
Again I would have even gone through that if it left me pain free. I'm sure everyone here can understand that. I was new to PN and scared to death.
hope this helps I am not trying to scare you just being very honest about what happened to me
Wow hopeful that is astonishing, thank you so much for sharing what you did with me. Because you have been with me through much of what I have been going through lately and the support and information that you give, I really respect your opinion. So the feedback on these intensive treatments that you give really helps me - so thank you very much for taking the time to write/type that all out! It is full of good observations. I don't know if that is where I will end up, but I do know my pm dr. is hinting at it. You have made me feel a lot more comfortable at least considering the idea - because yes, if I could be pain-free too, I would do it. But I also do not have RSD, so... we'll see.

I am really, really sorry you had to go through all that though. It is tragic that you go caught by one of those dr.s that is more interested in the procedure than the patient. As I read your post it was so hard to think about what time and resources you had wasted, as well as the anguish you must have felt when it did not work. I am so sorry that it went that way for you. You have been such a supportive person for me I wanted you to know that it wasn't all for 'naught; because you see, if you hadn't gone through it you couldn't help myself and others here. I am sure that is not enough to make it worth-while before the fact, but maybe after the fact you can see the benefit of having gone through for the rest of us! thanks!
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (02-02-2012)