View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Trig ok... but i really gotta say...

Dear Mari,

first, you are not going crazy, and i believe you will be fine.

i doubt it was a dream but i doubt it was a true hallucination (as in psychiatric). i am sending comforting hugs.

however, i want to say something and i apologize in advance if my reply goes past your comfort zone. i thought exactly what Donna said. an olfactory "aura". unpleasant burning smell is a typical one. however i believe you should not ignore this event. our bodies give us these signals to help guide us in staying well.

i am concerned about you getting enough oxygen during sleep. brief hypoxia can trigger an "aura." auras per se are completely harmless, but the possible hypoxia should be checked out.

if you were not sleeping with the CPAP, please be sure to do so. perhaps, wear it even if you are going to "rest" and might fall asleep.

if you were wearing the CPAP, then it would be a good idea to see your sleep doc and report the incident. the CPAP may need to be recalibrated, and/or he may recommend some tests for you.

i am sorry if you didn't want to hear this or think about it. but i care about you and i want you to stay well. if my post is really bothersome, please just let me know and i'll remove it or the upsetting content, whatever you wish.

(((hugs)))

~ waves ~ wishing you well
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-02-2012), mymorgy (02-03-2012)