View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
Welcome Sherric, nice to meet you.

I used to have that floaty feeling a lot and had vertigo too, in my earlier RRMS days.

I'm not suprised that you received a bunch of "me toos" here. It's not an unusual symptom. If your Neuro looks at you like you're crazy, you need a new MS Neuro.

Glad you decided to join us.
Thanks Ladies for the responses. I FEEL VALIDATED! Problem is....I haven't gotten an MS diagnosis yet. It's been years. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia (8 years ago), chronic fatigue, degenerative disk disease, carpal tunnel, a pituitary tumor and on and on and on!!! I truly believe it's MS. This whole floaty feeling began about 2 months ago. I tried to explain it to my GP...he didn't understand, put me on meclazine...which does help some with the actual vertigo when I lye down, but I still have the "floaty feeling". My pulse rate was at 50 when experiencing these, so he decided to send me back to the cardiologist (I say back because I went before for a low pulse rate, went through all the test and even had a heart cath....all was normal) the cardiologist at that time said I just have a normal low pulse. SO.....when I went last week to the doctor and again this week they decided I should see the neurologist once again and the cardiologist. I fully believe the cardiologist is waste of time, BUT am worried because the neurologist I am seeing is one I seen before who totally dismissed the MS diagnosis because there were no lesions on my MRI. I now see where 5% of people with MS show no lesions on MRI's and wonder if she will listen to me. It's frustrating and as I said it has been YEARS. Granted, no one wants a diagnosis of MS, BUT I must say I'd be glad to hear it simply because it not only validates what I've gone through but I'd finally be able to educate myself properly and fight the damn thing.

Thanks again for the responses, it truly lifts my spirits!
sherric is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (02-03-2012), karilann (02-03-2012), SallyC (02-03-2012)