View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 03:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused yes, and how are you doing with yours?

I was given my first revision from my codman programmable VP shunt in 2009. Of course I have had ProGav VP shunts since then. I hadn't needed surgery since 2006 before that time, and have had trouble with programmable shunt every 3 years since my first in 2003. I saw a pede NS who specialized in hydro and I had my first ProGav surgery in May 2009. One month later, I had problems, and was operated on again. By July 2009, I got meningitis from the second surgery, and was hospitalized for 4 weeks, and had another VP shunt revision, among other minor surgeries related to the shunt near the distal end. I have had since then, many headache issues with programmable shunts, but in the past 10 months, the pain has cost me my job because I was "on leave too long, and my med time ran out" and now, in 2012, I am facing VP shunt revision surgery very soon, convincing my surgeon that it WILL help me, but he thinks it won't change a thing, and is worrying my father about this. I am sitting here now waiting for thst scheduling call. It has just been too long. Beth

Last edited by bboberg; 02-02-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: explanations are better
bboberg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote