View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 04:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Two quick follow up points.

A couple of people have asked my why I'm waiting for a prescription before ordering the equipment. The answer is that it's no different that getting a wheelchair, anyone get buy one, but if you itemize your deductions (and they aren't annihilated by the Alternative Minimum Tax) you can probably claim an exemption for an reimbursement medical expense. (And in my case, it means waiting a whole week.)

And as far as Neuropsychological deficits associated with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Libon DJ, Schwartzman RJ, Eppig J et al, J Int Neuropsychol Soc. 2010 May;16(3):566-73 http://www.rsds.org/pdfsall/Libon_Neuropsychol_2010.pdf is concerned, the takeaway point from that article is that 2/3's of the people with RSD/CRPS will have something ranging between loss of executive function and "global cognitive impairment," e.g., "dysexecutive syndrome" and some memory impairment, INDEPENDENT OF MEDICATIONS.

So if the right electrical stimulation to the brain - be it tDCS, MCS or RUL ECT - can actually STOP the "abnormal thalamocortical activity" of RSD/CRPS AND ITS ASSOCIATED ILLS, then why not?

Mike
Mike,

Since you are interested in restoring lost executive functioning might I suggest that after the first round of treatments you reverse the electrodes, that way getting both sides of the brain.

Although tDCS seems to be more effective with upper limb pain the positive effects on executive function seems to be independent of limb pain.

I hope and pray you get the relief you so deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (02-03-2012)