View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 02:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Hi all. Just wanted to update you on Alan's feet woes.

The guy from the Orthotics company came to our house and saw Alan's foot .

Well the guy could not have been nicer. He took all kinds of photos and I showed him videos that I had taken of Alan's cellulitis of his foot. I said to him: "Well, I know you are going to replace the right orthotic but I think it's only right that you give him the left foot too" I mean, it would be the right thing to do"

He said "Absolutely, We are doing both feet today."

So Alan will get a brand new pair of orthotics. And they will do it right this time And the guy is bringing it to the lab today, will oversee how it's done and they will mail it to us by UPS by next Tuesday. Maybe sooner. That's not bad at all.

Every other time we ordered orthotics it took at least 3 weeks to get them.

And is foot is basically healed just fine. The guy said "I noticed that this guy does not have diabetes because his foot healed beautifully, and the diabetics I know, well they don't heal like this"

I said 'yeah, we have never really gotten found out why he has neuropathy"

The guy said "90% of the orthotics we make are for diabetics"

wow.

What was wrong with his orthotics? How were they wrong? Just curious, I got orthotics 2 months ago, and after the first week I asked why my left foot just felt WRONG. They said it would take a while to get used to. Two months later, I am not used to it. My left foot still has a huge lump under the arch. It never feels good. The right foot however feels fine. And my right foot has always been the worst one. I asked them if I could get rescanned, and the company is allowing me to get rescanned. When I was scanned, I couldn't even stand up straight, so I couldn't stand right, I don't know how they would have been able to scan it right. ?? I hope his new orthotics are a whole lot better!
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote