View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Shingles aand PN: is there a Connection?

MrsD, Thanks for the additional info, but now that you have enterered into the legal arena, let me restate my question/case: Has anyone out there with PN and shingles gotten the zoster shot(s)? And: 1) did it help your shingles?, 2) did you find any relief from the shingles and or your PN? OR have you notticed ANY connection between the shingles cycle and the severe pain cycle of PN?

EXAMPLE: In my case the painful shingles appears on my left rear cheek and serves as a warning sign fo the onset of a severe bout with pain in my left foot, which is my worst PN foot, that lasts for a few days. It, the pain subsides after a few days, but alas, the shingles continue to give me a royal pain in the left touche for longer....more like a week. I apply zinc oxide to the pre shingles area when it begins to itch....pre blister time and keep applying the ZO cream until the shingles subside. That Zinc Oxide relieves my shingles pain. Has anyone, in similar mode, ie PN and shingles gotten the zoster shot? and 2) gotten relief for either the shingles and/or the PN?: 3) Has the zoster vacine worsened either the shingles and/or the PN? MrsD, do you have any thoughts, observations, or advices?
Thanks everyone for your support.
Robin
see also my first post in this section on vaccines
Robibbie1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote