Thread: ACDF Surgery
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile acdf surgery

I too have a herniated disk, but it is c5 and c6. I have been in severe pain since a car accident in October of 2009. I have been on Lyrica - 50 mg and the nerve pain has helped a little but I am normally 120lbs and have gone up to 132lbs. I have not wanted surgery because the disk was bulging at first and the second MRI showed herniated. The pain in my arm after two surgeries has not gone away and my neck pain is getting pretty severe after two and a half years of agony. I will be having a ACFD in the coming weeks because my doctor told me that it has been much too long to have pain like this and it must be pinching the nerves in my neck. I was beginning to feel like a hypochondriac. Too many symptoms from this herniated disc. He told me that bone spurs form and start pinching the nerves and all of the symptoms of pain that go along with it. I have chosen to have the surgery, it is exactly like the one that Peton Manning of Indy had. Sometimes it needs to be done twice, it if does not fuse properly. I am very scared but have chosen surgery as my last alternative to alleviate the pain. I was an extremely healthy person until my accident. I am sick of taking pills, but the lyrica has helped me to sleep at night, with less headaches. I guess this is better than what I had before. If you have too much pain after a year of before, I would reccomend seeing two surgeons, and see if both agree to your surgery. There is live video for this procedure on line, I have watched it and am scared but I hope that all will go well. I will post after my surgery for all to see, the after effects and if it has alleviated my pain.
So maybe you need to wait, if your pain is not extreme. I also had three sets of cortisone shots, with the third destroying my neck with pain. Still don't have a clue why. I hope this helps you. Carleen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC1977 View Post
Alrighty...I''m here because I went to the doctors about two months ago for a stiff neck. Two days later I had severe weakness in my right arm. Back to the doctor, several tests later turns out I have a herniated disc C4-5 could be more so the doc says. What I want to know is if anyone has received a similar diagnosis and put off the surgery for any extended period for any reason. Any input would help greatly.
carleen332 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote