View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemack View Post
I know this all sounds like a complaint, its not, believe me. i am just reaching out to anyone that has had or knows someone that has had a surgery like mine and what they do to continue their lifestyle. I am only 26 so i am not interested in taking pain meds, i want to opt for the "organic" solution. Currently considering inversion therapy. Any thoughts out there?
Hi Anniemack,

We believe you; believe me.

Have you been referred to Pain Management (PM)? PM can offer many options beginning with those that are least invasive (e.g. physical therapy) progressing to those that are more invasive (procedures involving surgery).

Inversion therapy is an "alternative therapy". There are others, but few are currently accepted by the medical establishment (or covered by insurance). This doesn't mean they shouldn't be tried, but I'd still look into them carefully and talk them over with your doctor so you don't try something that may exacerbate your condition. Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy and Acupuncture are other alternative therapies that may be worth investigating (with the same caveat).

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote