View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 06:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so very very sorry for what you are going through. I feel like the people on here are some of the only people that really understand what I am going through. I am very lucky to be surrounded by people who care and are sympathetic...but I really don't think they can "understand" what it is like to live with this monster every second of every day. I have finally found a very compassionate doctor who has been helping me...but I don't even think she really understands what it is like to live with this day to day...the constant battle to not give in to the pain and give up on life.

There are lots of different things out there to try...different medications and treatments. A member on here is having great success with tDCS treatments which are not invasive and have little to no side effects. It is a relatively newer treatment for chronic pain and I am very excited by her success and will be talking to my doctor at my next appointment about it. It's also far less expensive than SCS, ketamine, etc. Please don't give up hope...there is always hope that things will get better.

I have learned a lot from the members on here about little tricks to help make life much more tolerable and how to cope with the pain in different situations. These things have been life savers. For many of us it's about learning a bunch of little things that help, that all put together make life a little more tolerable.

I'm sorry that your family and friends have not been very supportive...that is just terrible. You are not alone though...you will find all sorts of support here on NeuroTalk. Just know that you are not crazy, the pain is real, and it IS possible to go into remission. Very few people have tried EVERY option out there with zero success (thought believe me, it can certainly feel like you have tried them all)...and there are always new treatments and meds coming out.

Let us know if you have any questions or if you just need to vent. We're here for you.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote