View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well, that sucks! I'm sorry you have one more disease.

I have MG and celiac disease. Lots of other people have more than one.

How did they diagnose you? Antibodies? X-rays? Clinical exam? Please make sure it is "ONLY" arthritis.

I hope you will go see a rheumatologist, since they are the ones who deal with the inflammatory disease. There are a lot of things you can do as far as food and supplements for arthritis. Omega 3's like fish oil, flax oil, nuts, chia seeds, etc. will help with inflammation. Foods like eggs, beef, dairy and soy have been long known to increase inflammation.

Lyprinol is an anti-inflammatory made from mussels that has been proven to help inflammation. D-Ripose has been shown to help with both MG and inflammation, however, it is not without side effects and you should go over any new drug or supplement with your doctor. You could have interactions with any drugs you are taking now or any conditions you have.

It doesn't mean you can't work. You really need to be assessed by a rheumie first, to figure out how advanced things are, etc. They are so thorough in looking patients over. They actually look at the skin, nails, tissue, joints and anything that will help them help you. Try to find one in a specialized group, like a rheumatology group not in an HMO.

I really hope you can live well with RA. Oh, and make sure they check your vitamin D levels if they haven't already!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
whirlwind123 (02-06-2012)