View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Inhishands,

I don't get a nerve block before them. I have done fine without it. I realize some people have said they have gotten RSD from a needle but I think it's rare. Accupuncture is pushed for the RSD also and I hear of a lot of people getting good results from it.

I don't get steroid shots because I have to have so many TPI's.

I spent a lot of time in PT for the RSD and TOS but it wasn't because of the shots it was when it all first started. Also I do have heating pads, 3 of them and I use to have to use all of them but I don't anymore.

He doesn't do the anestetics either unless he is having to use a longer needle to kind of numb it but that hasn't happened too often. I have this Dr. that can give those shots and you don't even know you are getting them. He doesnt' use a long needle because they aren't necessary.

If you started getting them, you would start seeing such a difference. It is not an overnight thing as I said before but as the meds get built up in your body it calms down the pain. I have been doing good now for about a year except for my pelvic area as I said but I have also seen some improvement there.

I hope you do find a Dr. that will do them. I have a friend that is getting them now and he has gone back to work. Construction work at that. He had back surgery and had the SCS put in and it caused him to end up with RSD in more places but he is getting the TPI's and I think has been for about a year now. They do work.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote