View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 02:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebus View Post
Oh and I realize from reading the threads here that it people do have ToS that involves both arms, but what I mean is it feasible that I would start in both arms within a day of each other, or would that point to something else?
I have bilateral TOS (venous, arterial, and neurogenic). Long story, very short (I hope) . . . I had two herniated discs in my neck, which caused tingling, numbness, and an "electric shock" feeling in my right arm. They had been giving me trouble for a very long time, and the newest MRI showed that they had worsened a lot, and were pressing into my spine. I had a fusion of my C5-C7, and literally the moment I woke up from the surgery, all the bad feelings in my right arm were gone (yes, my neck hurt, as expected). I felt great. While still in the hospital, the day after surgery, the head of the bed was not put upright when I got back into bed, and my head was flung back all the way and I had a whiplash worse than any car accident. That's when my TOS started. I just had nerve studies done and I have nerve damage on my left arm now. It also now feels numb and painful (all at the same time). My question to you is: do you remember any kind of event (falling down, twisting your neck, lifting something heavy) that occurred prior to your symptoms starting? Instead of TOS, it could be problems with your cervical disks (which is what I started out with), so you may want to look into that as well. So many of these neck, chest, and arm disorders have similar symptoms, so it can get very confusing.
jmaxweg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote