View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 02:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown Is there anyone still listening?

My name is Deana and I have been through hell since this past March. Three brain surgeries, a front three level cervical spine surgery and a shunt revision from my stomach to next to my bladder. My last surgery was on January 12th 2012 and it was Chiarra Malformation. I was supposed to have a laminectomy at the same time, but the surgery took too long and so that is something else I have to look forward to . I am in so much pain, and feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. My headaches are bizarre...they are all over the place, the base of my skull, the top of my head and right into my right eye. It feels just like when I had hydrocephalus, and I can feel my vision and memory getting worse. Is there anyone out there going through the same thing as me? I feel so alone. My boyfriend tries to minimize everything I say and it is so frustrating! I am in California, and I have one of the best NS, my hospital is UC Davis. This all started with an unbearable headache that lasted for 3 weeks, went to the ER and was diagnosed with a pineal gland cyst, which then lead to many more problems. With each surgery I hope and pray that this is it and my pain and other symptoms will be gone. But so far, the pain is just getting worse. Is there anyone out there going through this? And has anyone heard of a new VP shunt that regulates with some type of bb's to control gravity. I would appreciate anyone's opinion or story so I don't feel so alone. Thanks...Deana
deana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote