View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebus View Post
Well just going through the motions with the Dr right now, they took an x-ray to rule out disc problems, came back negative, and having me back in a week to check up, and sent me home with prednisone.

Didn't just come out and say I think I have ToS.

Seems like the evidence on my part is just stacking up more though.

Until recently it had just been numbness, but now I'm having back soreness. Not like a nerve tingling, burning pain, but like tight sore muscles that feel like they need to be massaged and stretched. Right between my shoulder blades.

Is this consistent with ToS? Anything else I should be looking at to rule out or prove this is the problem I have?

*edit*
I guess I've never really noticed it till now, but since I've been paying attention I noticed I have really bad posture when I sit. And by that I mean I like poke my head out towards what I'm looking at and dont put my back against the backrest. I do keep my shoulders at a good level though, I don't droop them. But still, doesn't seem like anything that major, and I especially don't get why it could cause me a problem like this at age 25.
Sadly, I have way too much experience with bad discs (cervical and lumbar). An X-ray is of little use in diagnosing bulging and/or herniated discs as it does not show soft tissue problems (discs) in detail, but rather bone problems. It's a good 1st step, as it can show bone spurs in the vertebrae (I had those too), but to diagnose disc problems, an MRI is called for.
jmaxweg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote