View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 06:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ginnie,
Thats terrible, I hate being ordered about too. When u can barely cope with the pain n suffering u just want ur family to back off n give u the space n time needed to hurt n heal... The stress on care givers is great I cared for 2 cancer sufferers and swore I would never want to go down that path again, but NEVER did I make demands on them, all I did was feed open curtains to see the sun shine and help when i was called to n left them alone when they wanted it. We need the same now, we need to feel loved n not blamed, we need to be asked not ordered and we need to know that its ok to hurt without guilt.
Im yet to start my journey Im still waiting, my partner thinks im incapable of helping him cook or clean the house, I cant do it all but im not broke enough to not help. He wants to manage my every move so his life is easy... what about mine??? My life is a minute by minute hell, he cant understand that his and my daughters worries become mine. I was cruel enough to demand that he keep his feelings to himself from now on as I have enough to deal with. Didnt get me anywhere just another argument. Now my speech is almost non existant, my throat hurts and I am really sick of being the only one that can hear me. I love him for trying to care for me I just wish he would take my lead, allow me to tell him what I need and in turn how I can help.
Ahhh the horrors of being ill and being a carer. Im ready to call a friend to come step in n take him away from me for a few days, we both need to breath before surgery.
I guess its the same for u too. Im sooo sad that ur in so much pain and unable to walk much, hoping n praying for u that ur doc gets the help u need. Sharing my angel with u
Big hugs ginnie n butterfly kisses for ur forehead to help calm u some
Cass
cass3765 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote