View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 07:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi countrymom,

Welcome to the forum! What you are describing is a simple partial seizure also known as an aura seizure. You will smell odd odors that aren't even around you and sometimes I get a nervous feeling in my stomach but after a few seconds everything is fine.

I've had right temporal lobe epilepsy for 39 yrs. and I had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my seizures. Just like you the neurosurgeon found scar tissue on my right temporal lobe but when they did surgery they found damage on my left temporal lobe also that not a single test picked up and that's because the damage was to deep in my brain.

My neuro I had yrs. ago told me that the moment I started to go into a simple partial (aura) seizure to tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists and this would stop the seizure from going into a absence (petit mal) seizure or a complex partial seizure that I often have. I've tried his idea and take my word it has stopped many seizures. Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote