Thread: Help please
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help please

So glad I found this siteHere's my story. When my syringomyelia was stumbled upon by accident in 2008 it was because I had sustained a neck/back traumatic injury in the Army. They medically retired me and sent me on my way saying that the recovery time would take to long and I wasn't sustainable any more.This was after giving 10 years of my life to the Army. I was told not to life over 10 lbs and to just live my life and everything would be fine unless I started to loose bladder control...not kidding, this is what I was told. I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old now so not straining my back hasn't and isn't an option. My pain is a lot worse and I don't want to end up peeing myself or in a wheel chair because my VA hospital is not very good at listening to things that aren't very common. I have been out almost 3 years and they have never even done a MRI. The Army attest did one every 90 days to keep tabs on it. Not seeing it in 3 years has me scared that it may have really grown in size, especially since my pain is worse and I feel like I can't hold any body heat most of the time. Any help you could give me would be great....
theresa2213 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote