View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 03:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lema56,
It is so nice to meet you and I am sorry you are so young and going through this mess with no support. Unfortunately, I have been in your shoes completely! I have had full body rsd for seven years now and still have problems with family (and some friends) understanding any of it...you would think after seven years they would at least get it somewhat??? I have learned to surround myself (if there is anyone left) with positive supportive people and those that are negative or mean to me well I just try not to be around them. I do pray alot and I have found that to help and I try to laugh at least one good laugh a day...I know it is hard but just the act of laughing will take alot of pressure off your body. I think everyone already has suggested some great ideas to help you. I think the Tramadol might be the next step for you to help with pain. Personally after trying many things and pain meds nothing has ever taken my pain away 100%. You may find something that might curb the pain a bit but it is always there. I have tried from ketamine on down to Tylenol with not much help. The only thing that has truly helped me is gentle chiropractics (because I needed to walk on my bad foot) and this last 1 1/2 years I have gotten iv fluids of natural vitamins and minerals which have been a Godsend to me. I started out doing it after a bad experience in icu with ketamine to help the rsd and it nearly killed me. I was in such bad shape and since I started the iv vitamins I have gotten completely off of ALL pain medication (after being on them for over 5 years)!! To me...that is a miracle. I feel so much better and it has lessened my pain. I go to a holistic neurologist who does the now every six week iv vitamins. You can look for someone that does what is called "chelation" and then call their office to see if they can give you iv of natural vitamins. There is also a medicine called "procaine" that can be used in that iv that works like lidocaine and calms down the burning of rsd pain. It is worth a shot to give it a try. What will work for some may not work for others is what you have to go through in order to get something to work. I would try the least invasive things before doing something invasive.

As far as your family...from my experience I have found that not many people want to be around people that are disabled and broke lol. Sorry it is the truth in my life. I think sometimes people don't want to believe you are as sick as you are because they don't want to deal with it or they think they might get it too. You can tell them from research the doctors feel it may be genetic so they might not want to be mean to you because some day maybe they will be blessed with it too...and boy will they change their attitudes then when they feel what you have gone through with the pain of it all.

Because you are young you have a better chance of getting it into remission. I have talked with parents whose children had it around your age and got it into remission. You need to probably go to a pediatric hospital (or any hospital) you can that has an rsd inpatient physical therapy...and quick as the faster you get in there the faster you can get it to possibly go away. It will hurt you physically to go through it but you are a tough cookie since you have already gone through it each day. Hang in there and vent here if you need to since this is the best place to do it as we all get it and will be positive and supportive to your needs. We are a great bunch of people here!!!! Best to you and keep us informed of your progress or if you have any questions.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (02-05-2012)