View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 06:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick92 View Post
i honestly believe i would feel the exact same as i do right now if i had seen zero doctors since my concussion

i know i have been to atleast 50 doctors or therapy apptments throughout the last year and i feel as if not one has helped me out at all

my symptoms are all the exact same

if i would have to do it all again i would just save the money and time and just sit at home and wait it out i guess....

do yall feel the same way? i feel theres really nothing anyone can do...
Yeah, I see what your saying. I feel like I've wasted my time with all the doctor's I've seen. I don't necessarily regret seeing them, though, because for me it's been a learning experience. It taught me that head injuries are far misunderstood...and I now see what all the fuss has been about when it comes to health care.

I think I've got more help and information on this forum than I have anywhere else.
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rick92 (02-04-2012)