View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't have a traumatic brain injury, but I understand your frustration at having one incident completely change your life, and the plan you had. Last summer I learned that my body can not handle certain wavelengths of light....which happened to be newly installed allllll over my workplace (that's how I found out). I loved my job, and now I can't picture myself being there even months from now. No one seems to believe that this is as big a problem as it is. People seem to think I just get a headache....when it's so much more than that.

Anyway, I can't offer advice regarding brain trauma and recovery.....but I hear you on how hard it is to deal with things like this. I just want to extend a hand and offer support. I hope your vision therapy continues to work. I think that when bodies heal you definitely have good days and bad days....it's more important to focus on the trend of improvement, and not a bad day when it may come along. One day at a time! What helps me is always thinking about what I can try next....not letting myself think that I've done all I can do. That's hard, almost impossible, when you're depressed (something i've slipped into thanks to all this), but I always remind myself of it.
repinuj13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Johnhogan1010 (02-07-2012)