View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

already know the neuro for several years (for migraines, dizziness). thought she was one of the few decent doctors in this area, but recently discovered no, not-so-much. have no faith in pretty much any doctor anymore, except the ophthalmologists. But since I can no longer drive, and it's 30 min to nearest train or bus to get elsewhere, I am stuck with the local yokels.

Found it best to bring them the info they need (have even had to give them the link to info on what testing to do for other things at times) because if they don't know or aren't sure, they will just pass me off to one of the other doctors: Dr. X says, "What does Dr. Y say?" I answer, "Dr. Y said 'Hmmmm, what does Dr. X say" and Dr. X says "Hmmmm, maybe you should ask Dr. Y...." Cross your arms in front of you, pointing in opposite directions, say Not me, not me....that's all the doctors I've got up here.

Communicate with neuro via their email system. Told her what ophthalmologist said. Also asked if she would add Lyme disease test to bloodwork, our area is full of ticks and lyme, and I hate needles, so lets do it all at once. She emailed back, yes, will order MG workup and add Lyme test, too. Her assistant calls me later in day to schedule EMG and says she is mailing bloodwork sheet to me, but when I ask, there is no lyme on it, and dr just left for vacation for two weeks. EMG is at end of month. then we communicate by email again, because I don't have an appointment with her again until May, and she doesn't have any openings sooner.

So I have plenty of time to figure it all out myself, as usual. SO not thrilled to have yet another problem, yet at least this one would be an easy one compared to the rest, believe it or not.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote