View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Reposted for readability.

Ziggo,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I am sorry to hear of the ordeal you are going through. You have found a good place for support for your injury.

You are still very early in your recovery. Your brain will continue to need rest in a quiet place for quite some time. It is good you have learned to stay away from alcohol. The injured brain is very sensitive to alcohol and other toxins. You should also avoid caffeine except for maybe one cup of coffee per day. You need good nutrition for your brain to heal. To get the amino acids your brain needs, you should be sure to eat meat, especial something like pork if you can.

Your doctor is wrong about your head aches. It is caused by your head injury. many of us suffer head aches frequently. Doctors are not very good at helping us after such an injury. If the strong pain killer make you feel bad, you can try taking 1000mgs of aspirin and 1000 mgs of Tylenol (acetaminophen/paracetamol) 3 or 4 times a day. When taken together, they can provide very good pain relief.

Rest and quiet walks are about all you can do for the time being.

Let us know how you are doing.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote