View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 11:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Repinuj:

I am also interested in hearing what that medication is.

I've heard about tinted lenses, and apparently the pink tint is supposed to be effective, but my light sensitivity is so bad that I doubt pink lenses would be dark enough for me. But I haven't tried them, so it's hard to say. Another problem, though, is that I wear prescription lenses, and my new prescription exacerbates my headaches My oid prescription is almost 20/20, but the new one is just different enough to cause headaches. If they add a pink tint, they'll have to do it with new lenses and the new prescription.

I've had light sensitivity since August and it's been extreme since October. I have to wear some sort of eye protection all the time--even while indoors in a dimly lit environment. The worst kind of light by far is fluorescent light, and computer and TV backlighting are also very troublesome. Sunlight is difficult as well, especially when it's snowy out.

I also had to make some blinders (out of black duck tape) for my super dark glasses, which I use when outdoors and in fluorescent lighting. I get by on the computer with the lighter glasses, since I have made so many modifications to my screen brightness.

I'm not sure whether certain wavelengths are causing me more problems. However, the lighter pair of sunglasses I have changes the tint of the light in a way that really seems to help.

Finally, a follow-up on my number 8 above. Text Aloud will install a toolbar on Firefox and Internet Explorer (it asks you whether to install it; say yes) that allows you to zoom way in and magnify the text of any page. I am finding this to help enormously, since I also have bad eye strain, which I think is related to the light sensitivity.

Pete