View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Advil mixed with the antibiotics of the fluroquinolone family:
Cipro, Levaquin Avelox etc seems to accelerate the damage.
It may also add to the risk of tendon rupture which happens with no warning up to a year after taking these drugs together.

Your post has a confusing term in it.
There is B12 and Vit D . Within Vit D is D2 which is the only RX form and very historically old BTW, and D3 which is OTC and
the active useful form. That link I gave has the new study showing D2 RX came out 87% less effective than D3 in humans.
If you buy your own Vit D3 it is the OTC form. Some foods and supplements still have the D2 in them, but that is changing as the makers switch over to the D3 now. So you have to read labels to see which form is in milk, vitamins etc, now.

There are OTC patches called Salonpas that may help you use the Advil less. They are very effective and worth a try. I use them myself. You want the new "arthritis" patch which is the strongest, but more expensive. But I use the older original formula, with methyl salicyclate in them. I have a right knee issue too, among other "old lady" issues. I had a standing job for 40+yrs, and essentially parts of me are now retiring.

I would wonder if you are having tendon issues, if you have had Cipro or Levaquin more than once in the past. Mention that to the doctor you see, so he can evaluate that risk.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote