View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

It is hard to say with gall bladders! Mine comes and goes.

My first was when I was about 25, I was very ill with a high
white count (38,000!). Doctor put me in the hospital and thought I had a ruptured one...but it turned out to maybe be a small bowel obstruction. That was when all the tests revealed my twisted up intestines. I personally think the gall bladder is twisted up too.

Anyway I can be fine between attacks. I used to keep my heating pad near the bed just in case most of the time.

The Kefir has been incredibly stabilizing however. While I had that diagnosis of cholecystitis from that hospitalization, I think it was my small intestine all along because with heavy medication it fixed itself, and I avoided surgery. My ultrasounds show no stones still, even now that I am old. I wish I had access to this nice Kefir back then. I could have avoided much anguish.

The taurine helps during bad spells too. If I eat a large meal, I can be iffy still. Surgery does not really help if the spasms are at the duct level. So don't jump into surgery unless you exhaust other avenues like the taurine, heating pad, and lifestyle changes. I've met many patients who continue with gall bladder difficulties even after the gall bladder is removed.
This is because the problem is at the sphincter of Oddi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinct...di_dysfunction

You might try also some magnesium supplements. When people are low in this mineral, there are muscle spasms all over the body. When very low, it affects the heart muscle.
Either choose foods high in magnesium,(whole foods) or a quality supplement, at 1/2 the RDA.
Here is my magnesium thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1138.html
Estimates in some studies suggest up to 70% of Americans are low in this mineral. Do not use magnesiumOXIDE, as it is not absorbed. My thread has food suggestion and explanations about other supplements of use. There are even lotions now you can apply to the skin. Proper magnesium levels are needed for muscle relaxation.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote