Thread: Concussion
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 05:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tremors

Hi Ziggo,

I am sorry to hear of what happened to you.
Regarding your shaking or tremors: I think that you should see a doctor to get a proper diagnosis if possible. There are multiple causes of tremors, including alcohol withdrawal, damage to the brainstem, and shortage of magnesium (which can be lost from the brain when it is injured), and other reasons. It would be good to find out what is causing yours.

As you seem to have been a heavy drinker and now you have stopped you might want to try to remember whether your symptoms got worse or better when you had a drink.

It might be worth taking a magnesium supplement and seeing whether that makes any difference. I have taken 450 mg of Magnesium a day for a while to see whether it makes a difference. You could try something like that for a week or so and then see if it makes the tremors any better. I know that you said that your blood nutrient levels were a bit low but not that low. However, if you are a bit low in blood magnesium and then had a brain trauma, the levels in the brain could perhaps be too low. (This is just a suggestion. I do not have tremors myself and I have no medical qualifications.)

However, in the end I return to my original comment that you should see a doctor for a proper diagnosis, particularly as there are a number of possible causes of tremors.

Good luck.
Concussed Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggo View Post
Its my 2nd language, how lame is this from docs, none of em mentioned this, i told em numerous times im vegitarian.

Gonna buy all these products and B12. And start eating a lot, havent eated lately much either...

Still anything about shaking ? and physical therapist for neck ? my whole body is shaking, neurologist took off almost all my clothes and checked whole body, i still got power, and reflexes but most of my muscles are shaking.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote