Thread: Concussion
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 11:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ziggo,

I am sorry to hear about your injury.

I just wanted to tell you that I have experienced some similar things.

Headache- My headaches were so bad I couldn't move my head and neck for months because of the pain. You need to rest, it can take a long time before they get better. You need to take some pain pills so that you can rest. I had a hard time sleeping because of the pain.

Dark, quiet bedroom to rest in is best.

I have been to a physical therapist for a neck injury also. This is what they do:
Stretch your neck to loosen the muscles.
Massage to loosen the muscles.
Traction- involves pressure to release tightness of muscles.
Neck exercises- side to side, roll head in circles to loosen the muscles.

The doctors believe that the neck injury can make the headaches worse.

I did not go to physical therapy until I had months of healing first for my brain. You should wait until you are ready. It can hurt when you first go. Do not go if your brain is moving because they will move your neck all over.This will help you later.

Use a heating pad for your neck. Can you take a hot bath to relax? You should try not to hold your neck too tight. Try it gently rub it.

This article explains why you have headaches. I hope that you can read it.
http://www.brainline.org/content/200...an-zasler.html

My neurologist did not explain my headaches to me either.

I have also had my brain moving. I could hear sloshing liquid. If I jumped or moved fast I could feel it move. Every step it would be loud. This got better but took months. Be gentle.
My neurologist says this is normal after brain injury.

I also had anxiety and panic attacks. When I would be worried my body, arms and legs would shake. I could not control it. But, it would stop after about 15 minutes. I would be very scared and feel claustrophobic.

Do you still feel scared from your assault?

I had nightmares and would be scream if someone scared me or sneaked up on me. Do you have this?

My balance was bad and I would almost fall all the time.

I could not walk 50 meters for about 1 month also. Do not try to hard, When you are ready you will be able to walk more. I could only walk around my house too. I would need someone to hold me up.

I was vegetarian before my accident. Now I eat meat everyday. You do not have to eat meat but you have to eat a lot!

I notice that I need to eat all the time. I have to eat protein at every meal. My brain uses up the calories quickly. Also drink tons of water. Not enough water makes the headaches worse.

Make sure that you eat foods that are a complete protein. They need to have the essential nine amino acids.

I also had a hard time if the weather was too hot or too cold. I know about the cold weather in eastern europe, it is all over the news. It takes your brain energy to warm you body. Do everything you can to help your brain so it can rest.

I was irritable because of pain and foggy feeling and would get angry fast. I would have breakdowns. This all gets better.

You should see a doctor because of your shaking. Like the other people on here said it could be anxiety, another problem due to your injury, or could be alcohol withdrawl. I did not completely understand your description of your injury. It sounds very serious.

When people have alcohol withdrawl sometimes they go into the hospital for supervision. The main thing they get is vitamins through IV because they can have folic acid and thiamin deficiency. This is called a banana bag. You can google it. IV Fluids and concern for seizures is another issue.

Another person mentioned that damage to your cerebellum can cause shakiness. You should ask about this. It may be your issue because the tremors have lasted so long.

I agree that you should start taking the vitamins soon. I did not take them until later and wish I started earlier.

I think you may have major stress also from your attack. Did your doctor ask you about these symptoms? Do you have someone to help take care of you?

There are many nice people here that can help. Ask any questions. I hope that you get better soon.

Please explain to your doctor about the shaking. I did not have that type of experience and have not read about it here on this forum, I can only guess.

Best wishes.

Last edited by postconcussion; 02-05-2012 at 11:53 PM.
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (02-07-2012)