View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 12:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylanka View Post
Always find that not eating makes things feel better, but guess I am not the ideal person to be talking diet/ fasting! On the other hand I am fairly indifferent to food and if I am not prompted don't really bother. How about a day normal and a day on low intake? I am going to try this when my last chick is out of the nest! I have all round better uptake of meds and better mobility on low intake.

I forget whether you have a lot of bradykinesia/akinesia.... for me that is where weight gain takes over....
Hi all,

Well I know the extra weight is not good regardless of PD...I don't imagine I'll return to my "skinny" jeans but just getting within 10 lbs of what I used to weight would be nice. Thanks for the good advice and words of support. I will definitely start out gradually.

Robert, I can get to be a crank fuss with no food. I think I will try to go from rising to late afternoon then have a very lite supper for the first few weeks. Over night I am essentially fasting too so with that if I go until 4 pm without eating that is still 10 to 12 hours including sleeping.

Lindy, my little guy seems to be a natural intermittent eater. He chows down one day and barely eats the next...his diet prompted me to revisit what t I had read about intermittent fasting and how good it is for us. I figured "when in Rome...", but I can understand how difficult it would be to do with a teenager around. Also, glad to hear your meds worked better.

If anyone wishes to try this along with me...please let me know. Misery loves company.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote