View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1 View Post
I stopped the Gabapenten on Friday and I haven't had a headache since!!
Gabapentin was my suspicion.

I'm glad the headache stopped and you're feeling better. I'm also glad you didn't seize (but looking back, you've only been on it a couple weeks). Just curious - Did the pharmacist mention/say anything about that at all?

The next question (and this may be tough to determine) is, do you think the gabapentin helped your pain at all (if the side effects weren't there)? Some people benefit from it faster than others. It worked for me within an hour of taking it; for other people/types of pain, it may take a few weeks to kick in... I guess where I'm trying to get to is that your PM doctor may want you to try Lyrica, which is similar to gabapentin, but with a lower side effect profile (and more expensive). If this is where he goes, I'd give it a try (but you can look it up ahead of time and be better prepared to discuss it with him).

Thanks for the upadate,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote